Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Jackson Dana Stull

Jackson Dana Stull

Friday, October 10, 2008

Projects!

So, I thought I'd share with you some projects I've been working on over the past week. I decided to get crafty and make a few bags. This is my first attempt at making bags, so they are by no means professional-quality! The first is a diaper bag, which I finished last night. Here are some pics.

Diaper Bag: I was so excited to finish it, there may be some stray threads, but I think it looks pretty decent for my first attempt. There are lots of pockets to stash things and you know me...I have to have a black bag with a pop of color!! There is an exterior pocket on one side for storing a bottle and another exterior pocket on the other side with a small velcro flap.










Everyday Bag: The second is just an every day bag. I liked the blue corduroy and flower print fabric -- good fall combo. I actually made this bag before I made the diaper bag and totally destroyed the inner lining -- so I will not be showing you that part!! lol.(I'm learning.)



There are 2 halves to the bag. Each "side" that attaches to a ring is a separate half and each has its own zipper. In between the 2 halves, there is another open pocket which has a snap holding it together, which is shown below.



Glad I was able to finish these before baby comes! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so crafty!

-Kerry

Anonymous said...

I need your crafty wisdon oh guru of sewing!!!