I had my next (and LAST) OB appointment today. Status --- NO CHANGE. Absolutely no change and/or progress for the past 3 weeks. *sigh*. So, after discussion with the doc (who does not like to go more than 1 week beyond the due date), I have a 3:00am appointment in Labor & Delivery at Good Sam next Thursday, 10/16, for induction. Soooo...if Baby Stull does not make his move within the next week, he'll definitely be here sometime on Thursday!
I'm not too thrilled about the induction...I would much rather this happen naturally. But I am excited to know that he'll be here in a week, one way or another.
If you have any tips on how to induce labor naturally, let me know. I've heard of walking a ton (which I have been doing --- we even went on a (slow) HIKE last weekend), eating spicy foods, walking with one shoe on/one shoe off (?), vacuuming, taking castor oil (well, at least this will clean you out), cinnamon tea. If you have any other suggestions, do let me know.
Overdue Baby Stull reading his eviction notice:

4 comments:
Baby! Where are you? Yooo Hooo? How are the three of you doing? Walking and vacumming I guess. One tip is to have SEX b/c the sperm is suppossed to help eat away or dissolve the cervical linning? Also another sexual related tip is for you to get some nipple gratification i.e. get going Jaydog it's for the baby's good!! The stimulation to the nipples is supposed to help get the contractions going as are orgasms?? Ask the doctor before you try this at home, just in case...but Nate and I did it all when both Ian and Molly were late!!
Okay, now I know how my kids feel when they get the least hint that their dad and I might be. . . or may have. . .
Anyhooo. . . Baby Stull must arrive before Thursday, because that is the ONLY DAY all year that I cannot be away from the office. And I haven't waited all this time to be cheated out of trying to sleep in those uncomfortable waiting room chairs!!!
So, do whatever you have to, but make sure that little guy gets here before Thursday!!
Um...thanks, Millie? LOL.
I second millivanilli on this one... I'm in Maryland with a friend who is a childbirth expert and that was the first thing out her mouth when I said you were late.... So Jay get busy so Aunt Peg can be there!
Post a Comment